(Accreditation coming soon)
This activity addresses the following learning outcomes using a combination of reading and active listening to video content.
- Explain how biosimilar medicines contribute to the sustainability of the Australian healthcare system
- Outline the clinical development and regulatory processes required prior to approval of biosimilar medicines
- Explain to patients what a biosimilar medicine is, why it is different to a generic medicine, and their therapeutic equivalence to the reference biological product
- Provide evidence-based information to manage patient concerns and queries surrounding biosimilar medicines
- Understand the criteria that must be met in order to substitute a PBS-subsidised reference biological for a biosimilar medicine at the point of dispensing