Community Guidelines – Rules of Engagement
Welcome to the @BiosimilarsAu Social Pages.
GBMA Education, the educational arm of the Generic and Biosimilar Medicines Association (GBMA), which is the representative body of generic and biosimilar medicine suppliers in Australia, has been set-up to coordinate the Biosimilar Education Program, funded via a Grant from the Australia Government. The purpose of the Grant is to increase confidence in the use of biosimilar brands of biological medicines that are listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
The purpose of the social channels – @BiosimilsarsAu – coordinated by GBMA Education, is to form part of a 3-year Biosimilar Education Program to fulfil the purpose of the Biosimilar Grant:
To increase confidence in the use of biosimilar brands of biological medicines that are listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
As the registration, adoption and ongoing use of biosimilar medicines increases, lower prices for biological medicines could provide Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) subsidies for broader access to medicines and enable investment in further research into life-changing therapies.
Information provided by @BiosimilarsAu is not intended to be promotional in nature and is free from commercial bias. We are here to provide evidence-based information about biosimilar medicines to support healthcare professionals in Australia.
We kindly ask that all our followers abide a few simple rules of engagement to help us keep our community a balanced, friendly and welcoming environment.
Rules of engagement
- Keep our pages a safe and welcoming space by respecting the rights of others.
- Please respect the choices and freedoms of others including their choices regarding beliefs, religion, healthcare, politics, sexual choices and privacy.
- We will not engage in discrimination of any form, and we ask that you do the same including discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, sexual choices, or any other.
- We ask that you do not post misleading, inappropriate, offensive, abusive, defamatory, fraudulent, deceptive, or “spam” content on our page/s.
- We ask that you do not post content that contains nudity.
- We ask that you do not infringe on the intellectual rights or property of another by posting on our page/s.
- We ask that you do not, in any way, shape or form, appear to infringe any law, regulation or guidelines whilst engaging or posting on our social page/s.
- We ask that you refrain from mentioning any products or sharing specific product or personal health information of yours or that of any other persons. We encourage that you consult a healthcare professional for any advice regarding these topics.
- By sharing, commenting, posting, tweeting, or engaging in anyway with, or on, the @BiosimilarsAu social page/s, as coordinated by GBMA Education, you hereby agree that:
- You voluntarily wish to submit content.
- You give @BiosimilarsAu social pages, as coordinated by GBMA Education the unrestricted right to use, without compensation or payment to you, any content, ideas, concepts, designs or other material provided or created by you solely for use in any and all of @BiosimilarsAu’s blogs, websites and social networks.
- You acknowledge that the content you have submitted is your own original work, and complies with all our “rules of engagement” including that it must not be misleading, inappropriate, offensive, abusive, defamatory, fraudulent, deceptive, or “spam” content, that contains nudity, transgress intellectual rights or property of another, or in any way, shape or form, appear to infringe any law, regulation or guidelines.
It is the user’s responsibility to be aware of these “rules of engagement” before engaging on our social page/s.
We expect that users will exert all means necessary to respect the rules and engage on our page in a safe and respectful manner of themselves and to others.
The @BiosimilarsAu social media pages and those acting in association with GBMA Education reserve the right to remove postings that are inconsistent with these “rules of engagement” and reserve the right to ban or block users, as appropriate, without warning for violation of these aforementioned rules.
The @BiosimilarsAu social media pages and those acting in association with GBMA Education reserve the right to change and edit these “rules of engagement” as they see fit, without explicit communication to users. It is the user’s responsibility to stay abreast of these “rules of engagement” before engaging on our social page/s.
By following, engaging or using any, or all of, the @BiosimilarsAu social page/s, coordinated by GBMA Education, you agree you have read, understood and will abide by our “rules of engagement” stated here.
Should you, at any point, find you need to leave our community, please feel free to remove our page through the ‘unlike’ or ‘unfollow’ option, as available on each of our respective social pages that you are a follower of or are engaging with.
We look forward to you posting and engaging on our social pages. If you have any questions or concerns, get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team at GBMA Education (coordinators of @BiosimilarsAU)