Accredited CPD Activity for General Practitioners
Biosimilar medicines: information for general practitioners
This activity addresses the following learning objectives using a combination of reading and active listening to video content:
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
| EXPERTISE || |
- Explain how biosimilar medicines contribute to the sustainability of the Australian healthcare system
- Outline the clinical development and regulatory processes required prior to approval of biosimilar medicines
| PATIENT CARE |
- Explain to patients what a biosimilar medicine is, why it is different to a generic medicine, and their therapeutic equivalence to the reference biological product
- Manage patient concerns and queries surrounding biosimilar medicines
| PRACTICE || |
- Define the criteria that must be met in order to substitute a PBS-subsidised reference biological for a biosimilar medicine
This activity has been approved for two (2) CPD Activity points in the RACGP CPD 2020-2022 triennium.
Accreditation number: 187138.